8 Easy Steps to Find Your Perfect Toilet
Maybe you’re building a house, or you’re remodeling. If you’re like most folks, the toilet probably does not rate very high on your list of priorities. Still, the toilet is a key piece of a comfortable, modern, well-functioning home. Following a few straightforward steps can help you find a toilet that is right for you, both functionally and aesthetically. Remember, alltoilets are not built the same!
Step by step now, let’s examine:
1. The shape of the toilet bowl: The main choices here are an elongated bowl and a round front bowl. The round front tends to be two inches shorter, and works well for smaller spaces. The larger elongated front is more comfortable and sanitary, since there is less drip on the toilet.
2. The toilet size: There are lots of choices, with different lengths, widths and heights. Make sure you measure the space available for the toilet to ensure a comfortable fit. You also need to consider the rough-in space, which is how far the centerof the toilet bowl is from the finished wall, since this limits the size of the toilet.
3. The size of the toilet trapway: The trap way is that part of the toilet that through which the water and waste exit. The minimum standard allows waste with a diameter of 1 ½ inches to pass through. You may want to consider looking at a larger trapway to minimize clogging problems.
4. The flushing system: In the US, by law all toilets must have a 1.6 gallon tank to conserve water. However, you do still have some choices.
o In gravity fed toilets, the weight of the water from the tank pushes the waste through an S shaped trap way, as the siphon that is created empties the bowl.
o With pressure assisted toilets, air in the tank is compressed as it fills with water. When flushing, the pressurized air pushes the water more strongly into the bowl, resulting in a better flush. Disadvantages, though, include greater noise, expense and difficulty of repairing.
5. One or two piece toilets: Two piece toilets are more common and inexpensively priced, and have a separate tank and bowl which are connected when the toilet is installed. One 토토사이트 piece toilets have 5 or six parts that are seamlessly connected into one piece. They tend to more stylish, more expensive, easier to clean, and smaller, making them ideal for smaller spaces.
6. Maintenance features: Some toilets have features designed to make it easier to take care of them. For instance, Toto, an innovative Japanese manufacturer, has SanaGloss, a ceramic glaze which prevents bacteria and mold buildup, making the toilet easy to clean. American Standard has its EasyClean feature. Kohler has an insulated liner for some of its toilet lines, preventing moisture build-up on the outside of the tank due to condensation.
7. Appearance: while a toilet needs to work well, it also needs to look good in your bathroom. Fortunately, today’s toilets come in a huge selection of colors and sizes. Bear mind, though, that choosing a color other than white can significantly add to the toilet’s price. One approach you may to consider is to choose a toilet that is part of a bathroom suite, thus ensuring that are the fixtures are in harmony.
8. Other features: High end toilets may come with heated seats, warm air drying systems and built-in bidets, such as the Toto Washlets. Kohler Comfort Height toilets have a higher seat, making sitting down and standing easier.